Tunnel from the Museum of Mining in Pernik
The Museum of Mining in Pernik is not housed in a building, but it is part if an underground gallery. The first dig in the mine, in which the museum is housed, was performed in 1891. It was effective until 1966, when its deposits were exhausted and it was closed, and after about 20 years it was turned into a museum.
Image dimensions: 6000 x 4000 pixels